Friday, September 9, 2011

Not Abandoned, Just Busy...



I spent the weekend at summer camp for Northwest REACH, an organization Brian and I have been involved with for quite some time. It was amazing, as it is every year, to work with the staff to deliver a great experience to the families of children with HIV/AIDS.
I had intended to post Thursday before I left for camp, but due to preparations to eat well, (see photo above) I wasn't able. With my low-carb, whole foods diet, coupled with avoiding multiple food allergens and items that make me itch, I knew some planning was in order. In the past, I had fewer issues with foods and was unaware of my peanut/potato/tomato allergy, so I (gladly) ate camp food. Just about everyone who does so ends up gaining weight (these kids are offered 3 meals and 4 snacks a day, so it's really easy to over-eat).
I caved to a few small indulgences here and there, but overall, the weekend was a weight loss/gain neutral. I'm quite satisfied with that.
Since returning home, Brian has been both sick and sidelined with a pretty severe shoulder injury (he probably needs surgery, we'll likely find out in the next week or so)and I've been dumped back into life, so I've been playing catch-up.
Successes: Had labs drawn on Thursday, finding out about them today, I have a reproductive endocrinologist appointment Monday, and I met with my dietitian Wednesday. I played soccer last night. Challenges: I'm still really tired, and I tweaked an old back injury playing soccer last night. Icing, icing, icing...hopefully will be back on track soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment